The following lengthy quotation about the parish of Morham comes from the Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland, edited by Francis Groome, published in London, 1903.
Morham, a parish of central Haddingtonshire, whose church stands 4 miles ESE of Haddington. Bounded W and NW by Haddington, NE by Prestonkirk, and SE by Whittingham and Garvald, the parish has an utmost length from ENE to WSW of 3½ miles, an utmost breadth of 1 5/8 miles and an area of 2087¼ acres. The surface, drained to the Tyne by Bearford Burn, is part of a gently undulating plain, with northward declension, which sinks little below 200, and little exceeds 400, feet above sealevel. A pretty little glen forms the minister's pasture glebe; but elsewhere the scenery is tame and bare. Trap rock abounds, and sandstone has been quarried; whilst coal of inferior quality was formerly worked, and the parish is now wholly agricultural. The soil in general inclines to clay. Morham Castle, which stood near the parish church, has wholly disappeared, as has also the village, which in the time of Queen Mary was comparatively large. The Earl of Wemyss is the principal proprietor. Morham is in the presbytery of Haddington and the synod of Lothian and Tweeddale; the living is worth £194. The parish church, a plain stone building, was built in 1724. The public school and school-house were erected in 1875 at a cost of £1300; the school, with accommodation for 60 children, has an average attendance of about 35, and a grant of over £40. Valuation (1884) £2837, 5s., (1893) £2535, 5s. Pop. (1801) 254, (1831) 262, (1861) 281, (1871) 204, (1881) 209, (1891) 199.